What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
- Google analytics tracking cookies.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
How to disable cookies
You have the right to accept or stop cookies from being used on your device at any time by changing the settings in your browser to reflect your cookie preferences. Follow the guides to the most commonly used browsers or follow the instructions in the “Help” function of your browser.
Links to various browsers:
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
About Nordic Consulting Group
Nordic Consulting Group, established in 1989, is a consulting company specialized in international development. NCG partners and our network of core consultants offer consultancy services in all the different stages of the project cycle and within our core areas of operations, aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Nordic Consulting Group
2300 København S
Information we collect and how it is used
We collect and use information when you interact with us, when you use our online services, and when you visit our website.This information is used to deliver a better and optimized services to you ; establish and maintain donation accounts and billing records; contact you about our services and direct offers to you to participate or support our activities; monitor website statistics; and manage and protect our networks. Information may also be aggregated or de-identified for business and marketing uses by us or by third parties.
Information provided to or used by third-party advertisers
Nordic Consulting Group and third-party services such as Google Analytics and Marketing services seek to provide content that is more relevant to your interests on the website, newsletter, services you use. Analytics and Marketing technology companies present on our website may place cookies on your browser when you visit our site, use device identifiers or use similar technologies to collect information about your activities on our website and may combine this information with similar information they obtain from other websites and apps. Please read our Cookies Policy for more information about Cookies.
Nordic Consulting Group shares information within the organization and only the relevant staff members have access to this information in order to do their job. You can limit our sharing of certain types of personal information within the organization by contacting us by e-mail or phone. We may share information with our vendors and partners for business purposes and when necessary for them to perform work on our behalf. For example, we use secure payment services to handle the payments.
Limiting the sharing and use of your information
You have choices regarding how Nordic Consulting Group shares and uses information as it relates to:
Information & Marketing e-mails
Information used for online advertising
Business and marketing insights
Nordic Consulting Group has technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of the information we maintain.
Accessing and updating your information
You may correct inaccuracies in your information by contacting us or by accessing your online account and updating your information.
If Nordic Consulting Group elects to use or disclose information that identifies you as an individual in a manner that is materially different from that stated in our policy at the time we collected that
information from you, we will give you a choice regarding such use or disclosure by appropriate means, which may include the use of an opt-out mechanism.
Phone: +45 43 71 62 00
At the centre of sustainable growth lie environmental stewardship, social wellbeing and economic prosperity. Sustainable business is a fundamental prerequisite in reaching the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as defined by the United Nations.
Governments as well as the private sector are crucial stakeholders to engage in order to reach the SDGs.
For private companies, mainstreaming sustainability throughout activities and engagements is good business according to international documentation and reports.
There are two main reasons for this:
• Risk Management - it reduces operational risks and adds value to business;
• Business innovation - It provides for innovative business opportunities
Defining coherent policies and strategies, analyzing value chains, building climate resilient infrastructure, investing in sustainable production processes, and ensuring inclusive employment and decent work are all essential elements in supporting sustainability.
Drawing on our in-house expertise and that of our network of collaborating partners, we have the technical know-how and sector-specific expertise to address sustainable business areas individually, as well as providing the crucial inter-linkage between sectors.
Our consultancy services to further sustainable business development include amongst others:
• Analysis and formulation of coherent sustainability values and streamline these values into company mission, vision, and win – win strategies.
• Formulation of policy, legislation and regulation to promote inclusive employment, job creation, decent work and social dialogue
• Social impact assessment, human and labour rights impacts
• Planning, formulation and implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects and initiatives. This includes compliance on CSR and strategic pro-active CSR.
• Value chain analysis including mapping and developing concrete shared value propositions
• Facilitate and establish partnership with stakeholder groups including civil society organizations
• Environmental impact assessment, lifecycle analysis, efficient resource utilization (energy, water) and reduction of waste as well environmental footprint
• Business and private sector development, including small and medium size enterprise (SME) development, and access to finance
• National and local level planning and formulation of programmes to strengthen and develop agribusiness, forestry and fisheries sectors for improved livelihoods, diversification and added value
• Development of internal and external communication strategies.
For further information on our Sustainable Business consultancy services, please contact Marie-Louise Appelquist.
Human Rights & Equality
Peaceful societies promoting the rule of law and providing social protection, equality and access to justice for all, are fundamental to sustainable development.
In conflict areas in particular, there is a persistent need for social protection programmes addressing the rights of vulnerable groups and populations. As gender equality is progressing, the further empowerment of women and girls will play an increasingly crucial role in developing the economic growth of nations.
The equal entitlement to human rights, without discrimination, is a crosscutting issue, as well as a core area, of our operations. Several of our partners come from international law and human rights backgrounds and provide, in combination with our network of external consultants, an extensive platform of experience across the full scope of the human rights based approach (HRBA) to development. Among the services we provide to advance human rights and equality as a whole are:
- Human rights based approach (HRBA) assessment, analysis, implementation and evaluation
- Application of international mechanisms of human rights and international humanitarian law at the international and regional levels
- Human rights implementation, monitoring and reporting in post-conflict and transitional settings
- Legal systems development, strengthening and administration, and the promotion of rule of law and access to justice
- National strategy and action planning, and state reporting mechanisms
- Social protection mechanisms of disadvantaged, marginalised and vulnerable groups and populations
- Gender equality and parity analysis, and implementation of mainstreaming mechanisms
- Provision of equal rights and opportunities mechanisms, including income equality and parity in access to services
- Protection mechanisms against forced labour, violence, abuse and exploration
Urban & Rural Development
While around three-quarters of the worlds poor live in rural areas, urban poverty is on the rise due to accelerated urbanisation. The majority of developing nations’ populations experience great inequalities between rural and urban populations, in particular with regard to access to quality and affordable education and health services, clean water and sustainable energy, and to livelihoods and food security.
Our partners and consultants have the hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge and expertise to offer a wide range of tailored urban and rural development services in areas that include:
- Urban-rural linkages
- Local government and decentralisation
- Strengthening the capacity of public and private organisations at national, provincial, and district levels, and supporting governments in creating enabling business environments for investments
- Capacity analysis and institutional support to local governments, communities, business organisations, and extension services
- Citizens’ engagement, social accountability, and stakeholder analysis and involvement
- Land and natural resource management
- Poverty reduction, food security, food systems, and livelihood analysis
- Development of small-scale agriculture, pastoralism, forestry and fisheries activities for improved livelihoods, diversification, and added value
- Support to small and medium-sized enterprises
- Employment and job creation and income generating activities (IGAs)
- Value chain analysis on input suppliers, farmers, intermediaries, processors, wholesalers, and retailers
- Access to micro-finance, including village savings and loans associations (VSLAs)
- Strengthening and development of infrastructures, such as transport, water supply and sanitation, stormwater drainage, solid waste management, and electrification
For further information on our Urban & Rural Development consultancy services, please contact Per Kirkemann