Climate & Environment
Our integrated approach to the urgent action needed to combat climate change and its impact, is to address the issues of environment, natural resources, and climate change on the basis of their inherent interconnectedness through coordinated solutions and international cooperation.
Delivering our climate and environment consultancy services at regional, national and local levels, we advise governments, civil society and the private sector on the most appropriate options to strengthen resilience, conserve natural resources, and improve access to clean energy, in order to consolidate the overall platform for sustainable development and economic growth.
Our Climate & Environment consultancy services are built on documented in-house capacity, complemented by an extensive network of technical experts and strategic alliances, and include:
- Environmental impact assessment (EIAs) and strategic environmental assessments (SEAs)
- Formulation of sector policies, plans and programmes
- Climate change mitigation, adaptation and resilience mechanisms
- Strengthened resilience through environmental and natural resources management
- Improved access to affordable, reliable and clean energy, including rural electrification
- Investment in energy infrastructure and technology
- Integrated water resources management (IWRM), and integrated coastal zone management (ICZM)
- Sustainable forestry, land and water resources development and management
- Development of sustainable financing methods, including payment for environmental services (PES)
For further information on our Climate & Environment consultancy services, please contact Steffen Johnsen.