At the centre of sustainable growth lie environmental stewardship, social wellbeing and economic prosperity. Sustainable business is a fundamental prerequisite in reaching the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as defined by the United Nations.
Governments as well as the private sector are crucial stakeholders to engage in order to reach the SDGs.
For private companies, mainstreaming sustainability throughout activities and engagements is good business according to international documentation and reports.
There are two main reasons for this:
• Risk Management - it reduces operational risks and adds value to business;
• Business innovation - It provides for innovative business opportunities
Defining coherent policies and strategies, analyzing value chains, building climate resilient infrastructure, investing in sustainable production processes, and ensuring inclusive employment and decent work are all essential elements in supporting sustainability.
Drawing on our in-house expertise and that of our network of collaborating partners, we have the technical know-how and sector-specific expertise to address sustainable business areas individually, as well as providing the crucial inter-linkage between sectors.
Our consultancy services to further sustainable business development include amongst others:
• Analysis and formulation of coherent sustainability values and streamline these values into company mission, vision, and win – win strategies.
• Formulation of policy, legislation and regulation to promote inclusive employment, job creation, decent work and social dialogue
• Social impact assessment, human and labour rights impacts
• Planning, formulation and implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects and initiatives. This includes compliance on CSR and strategic pro-active CSR.
• Value chain analysis including mapping and developing concrete shared value propositions
• Facilitate and establish partnership with stakeholder groups including civil society organizations
• Environmental impact assessment, lifecycle analysis, efficient resource utilization (energy, water) and reduction of waste as well environmental footprint
• Business and private sector development, including small and medium size enterprise (SME) development, and access to finance
• National and local level planning and formulation of programmes to strengthen and develop agribusiness, forestry and fisheries sectors for improved livelihoods, diversification and added value
• Development of internal and external communication strategies.
For further information on our Sustainable Business consultancy services, please contact Marie-Louise Appelquist.