Marc has worked within the security sector governance, reform, and development nexus for the past 20 years. He has worked in post-conflict, fragile and transition countries, designed and led implementation of comprehensive security sector governance programs in the Balkans, Eastern Europe and in Africa with locally owned and visible results. He has worked in program implementation offices.
He has designed and managed a multi-donor program steering group and successfully negotiated cooperation agreements with parliaments, governments, judicial institutions, ministries, security sector agencies, international organizations, civil society, and media outlets.
Marc has significant experience in staff management, as well as finance and budget control responsibility. He has vast experience in working with the donor community on program funding and results-based management criteria, including the EU Commission, Dutch MFA, FCDO, Norwegian MFA, SDC, Sida and the UN Democracy Fund.
Marc holds a B.A. in Political Science and an M.A. in Public Affairs from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. His professional experience comes from the military where he was a non-commissioned officer; from the OSCE where he was deployed as a politico-military advisor by the Danish MFA and from a long-term post at DCAF as a Principal Program Manager and Senior SSR Advisor with primary focus on Eastern Europe and the Balkans.
- Security Sector Reform and Governance
- Effectiveness of State Institutions
- Good Governance
- Compliance and Oversight
- Institutional Resilience
- Gender and Security
- Rule of Law
- Civil Society
- Visibility and Audio-Visual Storytelling
- Partner and Needs Assessments,
- Strategic Level Govt Advisory
- Program formulation, implementation, monitoring, review, and evaluation
- Project and Program management and implementation
- Multi-donor Coordination
- Design and implementation of holistic Security Sector Accountability Programs, involving some or all the following:
- judicial institutions (judicial control over the use of interception of communications)
- parliaments (security sector oversight and compliance)
- regulatory bodies (oversight and control)
- government (good and effective governance)
- security, intelligence, and defense institutions (effectiveness, resilience, integrity, and compliance)
- civil society and media (scrutiny and watchdog in the interest of the public)
- Localization: responsive to the needs and priorities of local actors, to ensure more effectiveness and sustainability of results, including through South-South Cooperation.
- Training & workshop delivery and facilitation
- Planning and organization of events
- Leadership and general management
- Visibility and audio-visual storytelling
Albania, Angola, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Ghana, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Palestine, Serbia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkmenistan, and Ukraine