Anton is a senior international consultant and organisational and partnership analyst with extensive experience in official development aid (ODA) and non-ODA work in fragile situations, lagging regions and sub-national conflict. He joined Nordic Consulting Group in 1995 and has alternated work as a consultant with positions as Danida advisor on human rights and civil society and the social development specialist in the Africa department of the World Bank. He has 25+ years of stabilisation, conflict transformation and development experience, including regional and cross-border programming in the Horn of Africa and Coastal West Africa.
His extensive work in the humanitarian-development-peacebuilding nexus has included localisation of aid, area-based programs, urban displacement, and climate change as a fragility risk multiplier. He developed the Danida fragility risk and resilience analysis tool and co-led World Bank analytical work on urban displacement, urban services, and social cohesion. His geographical expertise covers East, Central and West Africa and South, Central and South-East Asia. He is a senior process facilitator and programme designer with broad experience covering donor partnership engagement and trust funds in fragile states, gender and conflict, social protection, women peace and security, and community-driven recovery and development in post-conflict and fragile settings.
- Stabilisation and conflict sensitivity of development programming in fragile states & situations
- Lagging regions and cross-border programming
- Human mobility forced displacement and social cohesion in urban areas.
- Community-Driven Development
- Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration
- Gender mainstreaming & women peace and security
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning.
Expertise and Services
- Project formulation, review in fragile situations
- Regional and cross-border programming,
- Social risk and conflict analysis
- Organisational analysis and capacity building
- Monitoring, management information systems & dashboards.
- Management and leadership.
Africa - Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda (long-term)
Asia - Afghanistan, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia (long term), Pakistan, Tajikistan, Thailand, The Philippines, Timor-Leste
Eastern Europe - Azerbaijan, Ukraine
MENA - Jordan
Latin America - Colombia
English: Fluent (C2)
French: Basic (A2)
German: Independent (B2)
Indonesian: Independent (B2)