Henrik AlsAssociate Partner
Henrik has more than 20 years of experience as an international sustainable development specialist with global work experiences from Asia, Latin America, Africa, and lately extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region. He has a solid working experience with organisational and institutional development, programme design, agricultural development and natural resource management and in the humanitarian-development nexus. Henrik has more than 12 years of international experience as a decent work, social dialogue and labour market development specialist and has worked extensively with the 2030 Agenda, particularly SDG 8 on Decent Work.
Henrik holds a M.Sc. degree in Human Geography from Copenhagen, Denmark and a diploma in "Managing for Growth", an intensive 4-months executive program for leaders at the DTU, Denmark. He has a broad working experience from the Danida, United Nations, EU, OECD, civil society organizations and trade unions, and private consultancy companies. Henrik has substantial management and team-leader experience in process facilitation, organisational development and programme design and evaluation, development of Theory of Changes framework, development of results and monitoring reporting systems, internal learning and innovation, and financial management.
- Organisational and institutional development;
- Social dialogue, labour market analysis, and decent work;
- Economic growth and employment generation;
- Formulation of national sector programmes, civil society programmes and framework agreements;
- Agricultural and rural development, environmental and natural resource management;
- Sustainable Business and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Analysis and development of labour market policies and guidelines;
- Improved governance based on inclusive participation and social dialogue;
- Promoting and designing decent work and social dialogue programmes between employers’ organisations and trade unions;
- Private sector development, economic growth, and employment generation and vocational training programmes;
- Conflict resolution, mediation, and dispute settlement;
- Development of trade union organisational support programmes;
- Analysis and development of labour and other human rights programmes, including social security;
- Support to the development of sustainable business and corporate social responsibility;
- Social assessments and value chain analysis;
- Strategic and value-based management;
- Programme Cycle Management: Design and facilitation of project and programmes (Logical Framework Approach and Theory of Changes), impact and process indicators, implementation and monitoring, evaluation, review, appraisal, financial management, and QA.
- Latin America: Nicaragua, Bolivia, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica;
- Sub Saharan Africa: Eritrea, Egypt, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania, Rwanda;
- Asia: Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Mongolia, the Philippines, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand;
- Middle East and North Africa: Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Bahrain, Kuwait.
- Danish: Native
- English: Fluent
- Spanish: Fluent
- French: Proficient