Geert Aaagaard AndersenAssociate Partner
Geert Aagaard Andersen has 40 years of experience with development and humanitarian issues. He is a senior consultant with a strong focus on leadership, management, policy development, strategic analysis, appraisals, reviews and assessments. As a consultant, UN expert and Danish ambassador he has worked with management of large entities and with programs in the private and public sector on finance, infrastructure, social and institutional projects and programs in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Geert Aagaard Andersen holds an MSc in economics from Aarhus University, which over the years has been supplemented with specific courses on leadership and management, appraisal and feasibility as well as recent courses on corporate sustainability, energy and environment. He has been in charge of developing major strategies and programs within the development and humanitarian field both at global level for the Danish Government as well as country and sector specific strategies addressing poverty alleviation, violence and fragility. A strong focus has been on private sector development and engaging the private sector on sustainability and the sustainable development goals.
Geert has strong analytical skills. He has a long experience working in international teams addressing complex political and technical issues within the field of democratic development and fragility. With a strong technical background he is an expert in providing policy advice, leading larger and smaller teams in policy processes as well as carrying out formulations, appraisals, reviews and assessments.
- National and sector development plans and programs.
- Sustainability in the private and public sector.
- Complex analysis of development and fragility issues;
- Formulation of programs and projects within infrastructure, environment, and social sector;
- Appraisal and feasibility studies, reviews and assessments;
- Risk analysis linked to program implementation and sustainability;
- Assessment of risk and opportunities in private sector interventions aimed at furthering corporate sustainability.
- Africa – East Africa, Eritrea, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Angola, Malawi, Ghana, Niger, Benin, Burkina Faso.
- Asia – Indonesia, Thailand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East Timor, Fiji.
- Latin America – Nicaragua, Guyana, Bolivia.
- Danish – Mother tongue
- English – Fluent
- German – Working knowledge
- Portuguese – Working knowledge