UN: Evaluation of the Peacebuilding Fund (PBF) Project Portfolio in Liberia
The purpose of the evaluation assignment is to assess the results achieved by PbF in Liberia in the period 2011-2016, and analyze the portfolio’s contribution to peacebuilding in Liberia. The findings from the evaluation will be used for learning and accountability purposes, and decision making regarding PbF’s further engagement in the country.
More specifically, the evaluation will:
- Assess whether PBF’s support has contributed to sustained and tangible impact in regards to building and consolidating peace in Liberia, through direct or catalytic effects;
- Assess the relevance, sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of PBF’s support to Liberia;
- Assess and identify remaining gaps in peacebuilding in Liberia;
- Assess whether gender equality was factored into PBF’s peacebuilding interventions;
- Provide lessons learned on successes and challenges, that can inform future PBF support internationally;
- Be used as evidence-based input to inform decision-making in the instance of possible future support.
The team carrying out the evaluation comprises five team members including NCG’s Partner Anne-Lise Klausen.